Join us on the most exciting day of the month to help teach kids about science! Promotional days take place once a month and have additional special activities centered around a specific theme—like Bubble Days, Flight Fest, or Astro Adventure. Volunteers will work a station with an activity in 2.5 hour shifts.
- Greet guests and explain the activity
- Inform guests about Maryland Science Center rules, exhibits, show times, etc.
- Assist guests with the activity should they need it
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; at ease with people
- Ability to exhibit great patience with school-aged children and their adult chaperones
- Previous teaching experience a plus, but not required
Training for your assigned activity will be provided by the Marketing Assistant. You will always be trained before speaking to guests.
Promotional days take place on Saturdays or Sundays once a month, year-round. Shifts are typically available from either 11:30AM – 2PM or 2PM – 4:30PM.
One 2.5-hour shift per month, for a minimum of three months. A willingness to volunteer for additional hours is always welcome!
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, by phone 410-779-1627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if the position you’re interested in is accepting volunteers at this time.
To apply for a volunteer position, please download and fill out the adult volunteer application and return by email to email@example.com.