Your Maryland Science Center Membership includes many benefits such as discounts, free admission to the Science Center and more!
A note to our Members:
We appreciate the support of our members during this difficult time. Many of our members have kindly expressed that they would like to donate the unused portion of their membership to the annual fund rather than receive an extension covering the time MSC was closed. If you would like to keep your original expiration date we would be grateful—membership revenue sustains the institution and the work we do. We understand however that some members may want an extension of their current membership to cover the period of closure. We will grant an extension to you the next time you visit the Maryland Science Center of up to three months depending on the expiration date of your current membership. We can only offer this extension on-site at the Maryland Science Center, not by email or mail. Ask to speak with a representative the next time you visit.
Click the above link to JOIN, RENEW, REJOIN or purchase a GIFT membership.
Membership Quick Links
For answers to your Membership questions please call, Monday through Friday 9:00am-5:00pm:
- Membership Office: 410-545-5981
- Fax: 410-545-5973
- Business Office: 410-685-2370
- 24 hour Info Line: 410-685-5225
More InformationInformation on our 2020-2021 Groupon Offer
Our online deal for membership via Groupon is now closed. If you have purchased this deal, to receive the full benefit, purchased membership vouchers must be redeemed in person, during regular operating hours, at our ticket desk by a ticket agent. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we have extended the redemption window to May 2, 2021. To receive the full benefit of our Groupon voucher, it must be redeemed by Sunday, May 2, 2021. Keep informed of our latest hours by checking our website here.
Membership vouchers will be redeemed for the four-person Adventurer Level for $75 and can be upgraded to a higher level on site, allowing more member admits. You can upgrade at any time during your 12-month cycle. Upgrades are sold in $25 increments. Vouchers cannot be used to purchase a lower level of membership. Please review our levels to find one right for your group. Children under three years old are free and do not count toward membership admits.
Any one of our ticket agents on site can help you redeem a voucher. Please indicate if you have an active membership already or had a membership in the past. All will be asked to complete a form asking for name, spouse name (optional/if applicable), address, email and phone. You will have the option to be emailed or mailed a member card.
Things to Remember:
- You have until 01/31/2021 to purchase a voucher and through 05/02/2021 to redeem that voucher at the current offer.
- We do not redeem vouchers over the phone, fax, email or via the mail. No exceptions.
- Membership vouchers cannot be applied toward past membership purchases (made before your current voucher purchase), including renewals.
- Vouchers can be purchased as gifts through the Groupon website.
- Membership voucher redemptions require an in person completed membership form.
- Membership vouchers cannot be stacked for multiple, renewed years of continuous membership. Multiples will be redeemed and run for the same number of months (not combinable for an upgraded membership level).
- You can use a membership voucher to extend a current or renew an existing active or lapsed membership. Be aware of your current or last level in case an upgrade or downgrade is required. Redemption requirements above apply, even for renewals.
- Spouses can redeem membership vouchers. They must complete a member form on site. We do not list caregivers, au pairs or baby sitters, (even if family members) on a member record but they CAN redeem your voucher w/a signed note from you, authorizing membership use.
The Maryland Science Center welcomes members from participating ASTC Passport Program institutions. Reciprocal admission through this program is an important benefit of membership. The Maryland Science Center reserves the right to restrict or deny reciprocal admission. If you are denied reciprocal admission because you are a member of one of these institutions please contact the membership office at that institution to resolve any issues related to our policy. Our current policy for our approved ASTC Participants is limited to 4 permanent exhibit gallery admits (adult or child). Visiting Members MUST present their visiting member card to be considered. Sorry, there can be no exceptions.