Adult Volunteer Opportunities
All adult volunteer opportunities are shown at the bottom of this page, but not all may be currently accepting volunteers. Please contact Diane Bellomo, Volunteer Coordinator, by phone 410-779-1627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if the position you’re interested in is accepting volunteers at this time. To apply for a volunteer position, please fill out the adult volunteer application.
- Free parking while volunteering
- Discounts in Elements Café and the Science Store
- Invitations to special events
- All active volunteers receive free membership to the Maryland Science Center at the Adventurer level
Youth Volunteer Opportunities
For those ages 14 – 17, MSC offers youth volunteer positions. Gain new skills and explore potential career paths, while contributing to the Science Center’s mission to provide the best of informal, hands-on STEM education.
Youth volunteer opportunities are limited to specific programs at specific times of the year. High school internships are decided on a case-by-case basis, also depending on the time of year. All potential youth volunteers must complete and return a Youth Volunteer Application, indicating what program they’re interested in, along with other program-specific documents, and should be prepared for a potential interview. Please contact Diane Bellomo, Volunteer Coordinator, by phone 410-779-1627 or email email@example.com to receive a Youth Volunteer Application.
Youth applications are being accepted now for Camp-In. Be sure to look at the current Camp-In calendar first, so you know what dates are available: www.mdsci.org/learn/camps-activities/camp-in
All youth volunteers must:
- Work well with children and teenagers
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to follow directions
- Be comfortable interacting with the public
- Be adaptable to changing situations
- Work well independently and in a team atmosphere