Adult Volunteer Opportunities
All adult volunteer opportunities are shown at the bottom of this page, but not all may be currently accepting volunteers. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, by phone 410-779-1627 or email email@example.com to find out if the position you’re interested in is accepting volunteers at this time. To apply for a volunteer position, please fill out the adult volunteer application.
- Free parking while volunteering
- Discounts in the Science Store and invitations to special events
- All active volunteers receive free membership to the Maryland Science Center at the Adventurer level
Youth Volunteer Opportunities
For those ages 15 – 17, MSC offers youth volunteer positions. Gain new skills and explore potential career paths, while contributing to the Science Center’s mission to provide the best of informal, hands-on STEM education.
We are currently recruiting youth volunteers for Camp MSC this summer! All potential youth volunteers must complete and return a Youth Volunteer Application, indicating what program they’re interested in, along with other program-specific documents, and should be prepared for a potential interview. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, by phone 410-779-1627, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or click the link below to access a Youth Volunteer Application.
All youth volunteers must:
- Work well with children and teenagers
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to follow directions
- Be comfortable interacting with the public
- Be adaptable to changing situations
- Work well independently and in a team atmosphere
Group Volunteer Opportunities
The Maryland Science Center welcomes groups of volunteers for a day of service! Tasks can be indoors or outdoors, working with our Exhibits, Operations, or Education departments. Please note that project availability may vary; please contact us as soon as early as possible to discuss options.
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com to arrange.