The Maryland Science Center is looking for an energetic team player to join our education team as an Outreach Specialist. Help us continue our mission of delivering quality, off-site STEM educational programming at schools. Bring our signature style of science programing across the state by performing assembly programs in front of groups of up to 250 children, as well as working in smaller classroom settings. Additional responsibilities include interacting with visitors on the museum floor as well as maintaining supplies and equipment, and providing logistical support for all programs. Position is primarily Monday-Friday, but could include some evening, overnight, and weekend hours.
- Presentation of outreach programs to school students, primarily elementary
- Logistical support for outreach programs
- Other duties as assigned
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Present outreach programs to a variety of educational audiences throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Procure and restock supplies and chemicals associated with outreach programs.
- Maintain program equipment.
- Help to prepare mailing materials and travel packets in connection with outreach programming.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA/BS preferred, or high school diploma with several years experience in informal education/performance/science instruction
- Requires a minimum of one year experience in the presentation of informal or formal education programming
- Must have a valid Maryland Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Chemical, physical, and biological phenomenon
- General science instructional techniques and the use of hands-on science instruction
- Presentation techniques
- Performance experience
- Speak comfortably in front of an audience
- Work as a contributing member of a team
- Convey information on science related topics clearly to a novice in the subject
- Work well under pressure
- Interact appropriately with staff and management in museums and schools
- Lift and carry 50 lbs.
ALL HIRED EMPLOYEES MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF COVID-19 VACCINATION
This employee normally may perform some of the work of a senior level position in the process of gaining knowledge and experience necessary for advancement and may also perform some of the work in a lower-rated position when required. Normal duties and responsibilities include assistance to other employees.
How to Apply
OR MAIL OR DELIVER TO:
Director of Education – Human Resources
Maryland Science Center
601 Light Street
Baltimore MD 21230
OR BY FAX TO:
410-545-5974, Attn: Human Resources
EOE/M/F/H/V. No phone calls please.