Did you know that many of our amazing, hands-on exhibits are created in the basement of the Maryland Science Center? Our shop is almost always busy and, therefore, we can usually use extra hands!
This opportunity is suitable for high school volunteers and older, or groups of volunteers looking for a one-day project. (But please keep in mind there is no guarantee a job will be available when you are.)
- Help keep the shop clean and organized
- Perform finishing tasks, as needed: sanding, filling, painting and clearcoating
- Sharpening and maintaining tools
- Some experience with hands-on, detail-oriented work, whether it’s art, woodworking, cake-making, or gardening
- Eagerness to get your hands dirty and learning
Shop orientation and project guidelines provided by Exhibit Fabrication Team
Opportunities to volunteer usually occur between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday-Friday. At least one 4-hour shifts is required a month, for a minimum of three months for individual volunteers. Group volunteering is considered on a case-by-case basis; there’s not always a job available when the group is!