Did you know that many of our amazing, hands-on exhibits are created and maintained in the basement of the Maryland Science Center? Our shop is almost always busy and, therefore, we can usually use extra hands!
- Help keep the shop clean and organized
- Perform finishing tasks, as needed: sanding, filling, painting and clearcoating
- Sharpening and maintaining tools
- Experience with hand tools, hands-on detail-oriented work
- Some knowledge of A/V wiring, computer operated mechanical systems
- Comfortable on ladders
- Comfortable lifting up to 50lbs.
- Expert knowledge on CNC Routers or welding highly sought, but not required
Shop orientation and project guidelines provided by Exhibit Fabrication Team
Opportunities to volunteer usually occur between the hours of 9am and 5pm Wednesday – Sunday.
At least one 4-hour shift per week, for a minimum of three months. A willingness to volunteer for additional hours is always welcome!
Group volunteering is considered on a case-by-case basis; there’s not always a job available when the group is! Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com to arrange.