Who said science was only for kids?
Join us as we create engaging events to help adults experience MSC their way! Adult (21+) events take place once a month and have additional special activities centered around a theme—like Music Under the Dome, Grown-Up Field Trips, or Wine and Dinosaurs. Volunteers will work a station with an activity in 4-hour shifts.
- Greet guests as they check-in and arrive
- Facilitate and explain the activity
- Inform guests about Maryland Science Center rules, exhibits, activities, etc.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; at ease with people
- Friendly and conversant with guests and able to handle various size groups
- Previous teaching or stage experience a plus, but not required
Training for your assigned activity will be provided by the Marketing Assistant. You will always be trained before speaking to guests.
Adult (21+) events take place on Friday nights once a month, year round. Shifts are typically available from 6:30-10:30pm.
One 4-hour shift per month, for a minimum of three months. A willingness to volunteer for additional hours is always welcome!
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, by phone 410-779-1627 or email email@example.com to find out if the position you’re interested in is accepting volunteers at this time.
To apply for a volunteer position, please download and fill out the adult volunteer application and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.