Work in a real laboratory environment! SciLab experiments are self-guided, so the SciLab Assistant will act primarily as a support person for guests, as they complete up to 5 different lab activities. (Activities change from time to time, but might include DNA extraction, chemical reactions, cell membranes.)
- Introduce guests to SciLab and set them up at experiment stations
- Answer questions and provide assistance as guests complete self-guided lab activities
- Reset materials and equipment between groups, including (but not limited to) washing dishes and folding lab coats
- Enforce SciLab rules and general lab safety practices
- Ability to be friendly but firm to ensure guest safety
- Basic knowledge in biology and/or chemistry is helpful
- Some shifts may require extended periods of standing
Training will be provided by SciLab staff, but the majority will happen on your first day of work, with additional training provided as various scenarios arise.
4-hour shifts are available Monday-Friday.
Two consistent 4-hour shifts per month, A willingness to volunteer for additional hours is always welcome!