The Maryland Science Center is proud to be the home to the St. John Properties IMAX Theater. This five-story, 38 surround-sound speaker theater plays a variety of IMAX films. Volunteers are needed to ensure guests have the best IMAX experience possible.
Duties as usher:
- collect tickts
- assist guests as they enter and exit theater
- seat groups
- observe audiences during shows
- clean and maintain theater between films
Help Maryland Science Center guests have the best visit possible. Lobby ambassadors provide visitors with a warm welcome and are on hand to collect ticket stubs and answer questions. This is a great role for volunteers who are at ease interacting with the public and have excellent customer service skills.
Duties as lobby ambassador:
- welcome guests, hand out map guides, and provide general information in front harbor lobby
- collect tickets as guests enter the science center and ensure guests are wearing the day’s colored wristband
- act as quasi-security for the front harbor lobby to ensure visitor safety and satisfaction
- roam exhibit floors, answer questions, and ensure guests are having a safe and pleasant science center experience
- refer complaints in a courteous manner to the manager of the day
- excellent communication and customer service skills; at ease with people
- ability to exhibit great patience with school-aged children and their adult chaperones
- ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- ability to use stairs both inside theater and on Science center floor
- comfortable working in low lighting (usher work)
Provided by Guest Services
Four-hour shifts are available Tuesday-Sunday, occasional evening shifts may be available.