Help us keep the Maryland Science Center clean and safe for visitors and staff! Our housekeeping volunteers help us with light vacuuming, wiping down exhibit surfaces, and occasional mopping. Volunteers spend time on the floor in exhibits and must also present a positive impression to our guests while working in public spaces. A clean, hygienic space is more important than ever to help our guests feel safe while learning.
- Light vacuuming throughout the public spaces
- Wiping down surfaces throughout exhibits and the public spaces throughout the science center
- Occasional mopping in the front entrance & security lobby
- Help Maryland Science Center guests have the best visit possible.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; at ease with people
- Comfort with cleaning materials and cleaning agents
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to use stairs both inside theater and in exhibits
- Comfortable working with semi-heavy equipment (vacuum) and bending/kneeling
Provided by Guest Services
4-hour shifts are available Wednesday through Sunday.
Two consistent 4-hour shifts per month, for a minimum of three months. A willingness to volunteer for additional hours is always welcome!
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, by phone 410-779-1627 or email email@example.com to find out if the position you’re interested in is accepting volunteers at this time.
To apply for a volunteer position, please download and fill out the adult volunteer application and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.