Help the Maryland Science Center participate in a national project by collecting visitor surveys!
MSC is a participant in the Collaboration for Ongoing Visitor Experiences Studies (COVES) project in an effort to better understand our guests. Ability to interact with guests in a cheerful manner a must.
- Collect visitor survey data by asking guests to participate in an easy, quick survey.
- Answer any questions guests may have about the project and why MSC is participating.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; at ease with people.
- Foreign language skills a plus, especially Spanish, but not required.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Volunteers must complete two, easy training modules:
- COVES specific training presented via prerecorded webinar to be completed at MSC with overview by trained MSC staff.
- Human Subject Training (60 minutes, online, free). Can be completed remotely. Certification provided.
Two-hour shifts between noon-4pm Wednesday-Sunday. All data collection occurs onsite at MSC.
Two 2-hour shifts per month, ongoing. A willingness to volunteer for additional hours is always welcome!
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, by phone 410-779-1627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for a volunteer position, please download and fill out the adult volunteer application and return by email to email@example.com.