Present astronomy programs in our Digital Planetarium. Operate and monitor computer and projection equipment, and manage crowds and physical space. Public speaking, knowledge/interest in astronomy and night sky, comfortable learning digital planetarium software and technology, and a keen eye for detail are all necessary skills.
Availability on Fridays and Saturdays required, with opportunities for occasional weekend or evening work.
Applicants must have completed at least one year of college coursework or comparable experience. Interest and/or coursework in science or education are encouraged. All applicants must be able to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Experience working with the general public (including children)
- Comfort in front of audiences
- Familiarity with science content
- Ability to provide excellent guest service to museum visitors
- Demonstrate good judgement, personal responsibility, and productive impact
- Ability to pass background check or fingerprinting in the case of summer camp
- Attend training sessions as part of on-boarding process
- All hired employees must provide proof of COVID vaccination
How to Apply
Maryland Science Center
601 Light Street
Baltimore MD 21230
Via fax to 410-545-5974, Attn: Human Resources.
EOE/M/F/H/V. No phone calls please.