We’re excited to be open again!
MSC will be reopening on Thursday, July 2. We want your visit to be safe and that you have the experience that you trust and expect from the Maryland Science Center. When you visit, you’ll notice some changes in the exhibit halls and some things are happening behind the scenes too. But what hasn’t changed is our signature brand of science education creating unique, authentic experiences you can only get at the Maryland Science Center.
The Science Center will be open 10 am–5pm Thursdays through Sundays to start. We’re happy to see you back. We have a number of new policies and procedures in place.
IN THE EXHIBIT HALLS
- We’ve reduced admission capacity
- You will see visible cleaning of high touch, high traffic areas
- All staff are wearing masks
- Look for signage throughout the building reminding you about safety procedures
- Some exhibit areas will be closed for a maximum of 30 minutes for deep cleaning
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the building
BEHIND THE SCENES
- We are exchanging 100% of the air in this building twice each day with fresh air from outside
- The building and exhibits are deep cleaned before we open each day
- Our staff are temperature screened each day before they can enter the building
- Buy your tickets online, members included, before you visit—we’ve waived all fees
- Everyone over 2 years of age must wear a mask at all times while in the building
- Practice safe hygiene including frequent hand washing or use sanitizer
- Practice safe distancing in high traffic locations
- One person or One Family ONLY in all elevators—Use the Stairs
- Be patient with other guests and MSC staff—we’re all learning as we go