Lobby Ambassador/IMAX Theater Usher
The Maryland Science Center is proud to be home to the St. John Properties IMAX Theater. This five-story, 38 surround-sound speaker theater plays a mix of both 2D and 3D IMAX films. Volunteers are needed to ensure guests have the best IMAX experience possible.
Duties as Usher:
- Collect tickets
- Assist guests as they enter and exit theater
- Seat groups
- Observe audiences during shows
- Clean and maintain theater in between films
Help Maryland Science Center guests have the best visit possible. Lobby Ambassadors provide visitors with a warm welcome and are on hand to collect ticket stubs and answer questions. This is a great role for volunteers who are at ease interacting with the public and have excellent customer service skills.
Duties as Lobby Ambassador:
- Welcome guests, hand out map guides, and provide general information in front harbor lobby
- Collect tickets as guests enter the museum and ensure guests are wearing the day’s colored wristband
- Act as “quasi-security” for the front harbor lobby to ensure visitor safety and satisfaction
- Roam exhibit floors, answer questions, and ensure guests are having a safe and pleasant museum experience
- Refer complaints in a courteous manner to the Manager of the Day
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; at ease with people
- Ability to exhibit great patience with school-aged children and their adult chaperones
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to use stairs both inside the theater and on museum floor
- Comfortable working in low lighting (Usher work)
Provided by Guest Services
Four-hour shifts are available Tuesday-Sunday. Occasional evening shifts may be available.
Urgent weekday help is needed as the school year starts!