Ways to Give
There are many ways for you to make a gift to the Maryland Science Center’s Revitalization for Today-Securing the Future Campaign. Below are just some of the ways for you to participate in shaping the future of the Science Center.
Consider a Gift
- Commitments over time (typically 3-5 years)—Payments may be made annually, semi-annually, or quarterly. Unless otherwise requested, we will apply and combined Endowment/Annual Appeal Commitment payments to that year’s annual fund portion of the commitment first.
- Outright gifts of cash—Donors are of course welcome to make their commitment in a one-time gift of cash.
- Stocks and Securities—Appreciated stock can provide a tax advantage. Donor receives credit for mean value on date of transfer.
- Planned Gifts—A trust, where the institution keeps the corpus and pays dividends to a designated individual. A bequest, in which property, a trust or portion of an estate is bequeathed to the Science Center. Gifts of life insurance, where the institution is a designated beneficiary and premiums are paid by the donor are tax-deductible
- Matching gifts—a significant number of corporations match or multiply donations by employees (in some cases, retired employees).
- Real property—Tangible personal property can be appreciated at fair market value and credited to donors.