Home School FAQs
- Where is the Maryland Science Center?
- Where do we enter?
- Where do we park?
- What happens if we are late or can’t make our event?
- Where can we eat?
- Can I sit in a program with my child?
- My child is advanced, can he/she attend a program with older children?
- Can we come in without doing programs?
- Can we add programming at the door?
Where do we enter?
Homeschoolers attending the Homeschool event should use the Constellation Energy Learning Entrance located on the Key Highway side of the building. Do not use the Main Harborside Entrance.
- Use the Royal Sonesta Garage, enter on Lee Street between Light Street and Charles Street. Bring your parking ticket and receive a voucher providing you with a flat rate of $15.00 for the day.
- Use the Gallery Garage, enter from Calvert Street or South Street. Bring your parking ticket and receive a voucher providing you with a flat rate of $9.00 for the day.
What happens if we are late or can’t make our event?
Late comers will still be admitted into their programming with the exception of programs held in the Planetarium. There are no refunds or exchanges on any portion of missed programming. In case of a weather incident, please refer to the weather incident policy.
Where can we eat?
The Science Center offers delicious, nutritious meals and snacks in Elements Café. We also offer a Brown Bag Zone for those who wish to bring their own food. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Can I sit in a program with my child?
Parents are permitted to attend programming with their children and sit in the back of the class. Please be considerate to others enjoying programming and remove any younger siblings that may pose as a distraction.
My child is advanced, can he/she attend a program with older children?
All programs are age specific. Children must be in age appropriate programming and must be the age of their programming by January 31, 2016.
Can we come in without doing programs?
Yes! If you plan to just tour the exhibits only, and are not participating in any programs, you do not need to register in advance. You will, however, need to register on the day you come in to tour the exhibits. Exhibits only admission fee is $4.00 per person.