There are many ways for you to make a gift to the Maryland Science Center’s Revitalization for Today-Securing the Future Campaign. Below are just some of the ways for you to participate in shaping the future of the Science Center.
Consider a gift
- Commitments over time (typically 3-5 years)—Payments may be made annually, semi-annually, or quarterly. Unless otherwise requested, we will apply and combined Endowment/Annual Appeal Commitment payments to that year’s annual fund portion of the commitment first.
- Outright gifts of cash—Donors are of course welcome to make their commitment in a one-time gift of cash.
- Stocks and Securities—Appreciated stock can provide a tax advantage. Donor receives credit for mean value on date of transfer.
- Planned Gifts—A trust, where the institution keeps the corpus and pays dividends to a designated individual. A bequest, in which property, a trust or portion of an estate is bequeathed to the Science Center. Gifts of life insurance, where the institution is a designated beneficiary and premiums are paid by the donor are tax-deductible
- Matching gifts—a significant number of corporations match or multiply donations by employees (in some cases, retired employees).
- Real property—Tangible personal property can be appreciated at fair market value and credited to donors.
For more information on ways to help support the mission of the Maryland Science Center through the Revitalization for Today–Securing the Future Campaign or to make a contribution, please contact Mark J. Potter, President & CEO, at 410.545.5898.
Contributors should consult their tax advisor regarding the tax deductibility of any gift or pledge.