Saturday, March 2, 2019
- Discover the latest news about our nearest star
- See up-to-the-minute images of the Sun with sunspots and solar flares
- See how the Sun’s huge explosions can endanger technologies we all rely upon
- Find out how to operate a Sunspotter, a portable solar telescope, and how you can
- Borrow one for your classroom
- This workshop is a repetition of two conducted in 2016 and 2107
- Demonstrations of activities for the classroom
- Presentations in the Davis planetarium and on science on a sphere
- Morning snacks and lunch
- $125 stipend for each participating teacher
This workshop is a repeat of ones offered in 2018. If you attended one of these previous workshops, please share this opportunity with your colleagues.
Registration Opens approximately one month before the workshop.