Support museum guests in completing self-guided chemistry and biology activities in a wet laboratory environment. Responsibilities include proactively orienting guests within the space and resetting lab stations between groups, including washing dishes, wiping tables, and stocking supplies.
Applicants must be highly attentive and able to be friendly but firm and consistent in policy enforcement. Applicants should have basic knowledge in chemistry and biology topics. Prior experience in customer service and interaction with school-age children is strongly desired.
This is primarily a weekend position, with the possibility for a limited number of weekday hours on top of regular weekend work. Availability from 9:45-5:00 both Saturdays and Sundays is required.
This position requires:
- At least one year of college coursework or comparable experience
- Working both independently and as a part of a team
- Providing excellent guest service to museum visitors
- Demonstrating good judgement, personal responsibility, and productive impact
- Ability to pass background check
- All hired employees must provide proof of COVID vaccination, including booster
How to Apply
OR MAIL OR DELIVER TO:
Education – Human Resources
Maryland Science Center
601 Light Street
Baltimore MD 21230
EOE/M/F/H/V. No phone calls please.