The Science Store embraces the “Let’s Science!” mission of the Maryland Science Center by selling science-related books, DVDs, science kits, minerals, games, and more. As a volunteer in the Store, you would help guests choose educational materials and souvenirs to ensure they never forget their visit to the Maryland Science Center.
- Stock and price products
- Straighten and maintain store displays
- Assist customers as needed
- Assist while school groups visit the Science Store
- Excellent customer service skills; at ease with people of all ages
- Great patience working with children and large groups
- Previous retail/merchandising experience a plus
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Occasional light lifting
Provided by Science Store staff
4-hour shifts are available Wednesday-Sunday.
Two consistent 4-hour shifts per month, for a minimum of three months. A willingness to volunteer for additional hours is always welcome!