Flexible and enthusiastic educator desired for position as a planetarium school programs instructor. Responsibilities include presenting school programs for visiting school groups in the planetarium between 9:30 and 12:30pm, up to three days per week and maintaining materials and supplies. Training will be provided. The presentations are 30-45 minutes and cover a variety of space science topics using our digital planetarium theater. School groups range from PreK-grade 12, primarily elementary and early middle school. Applicant should be flexible, enthusiastic, and be able to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, preferably with an education major or progress toward degree with significant experience
- Experience teaching large groups of children
- Experience executing a lesson plan
- Interest and comfort in communicating STEM topics
- Knowledge of basic astronomy (i.e. constellations and planets) preferred but trainable.
- Ability to utilize technology
- Ability to pass criminal background check
- All hired employees must provide proof of COVID vaccination with booster
All applicants must meet minimum requirements to be considered.
How to Apply
OR MAIL OR DELIVER TO:
Education – Human Resources
Maryland Science Center
601 Light Street
Baltimore MD 21230
EOE/M/F/H/V. No phone calls please. –