Flexible and enthusiastic educator desired for position as a planetarium school programs instructor. Training will be provided.
Presentations are 30-45 minutes and cover a variety of space science topics using our digital planetarium theater. School groups range from PreK-grade 12, primarily elementary and early middle school.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Presenting school programs for visiting school groups in the planetarium and maintaining materials and supplies, up to three days per week (Wednesday-Friday)
- Presenting public planetarium programs on Fridays
- Creating our bi-monthly Starmap
- Updating and creating follow up educational resources for teachers
- Potential opportunities to assist in development and implementation of programming
- Maintaining materials and supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, preferably with an education major or STEM major.
- Progress toward degree with significant experience considered.
- Experience teaching both large and small groups of children
- Experience executing a lesson plan
- Interest and comfort in communicating STEM topics
- Basic astronomy (i.e., constellations and planets) preferred but trainable.
- Good judgement
- Personal responsibility
- Productive impact
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Utilize technology
- Work both independently and as a part of a team
- Be highly attentive and able to be friendly but firm and consistent in policy enforcement
- Ability to work in low light situations
- Must be able to pass background check
- All hired employees must provide proof of COVID vaccination
All applicants must meet minimum requirements to be considered.
How to Apply
OR MAIL OR DELIVER TO:
Education – Human Resources
Maryland Science Center
601 Light Street
Baltimore MD 21230
EOE/M/F/H/V. No phone calls please.