Engage young visitors and their families with fun, hands –on activities as they learn through play. Staff responsibilities include interacting with children, and supporting the daily operation and maintenance of the early childhood exhibit. Experience with young children in a group setting is highly desired. This is a weekday position, primarily Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, beginning in August and lasting through the school year with the potential of continuing into next summer.
Applicants must have completed at least one year of college coursework or comparable experience. Interest and/or coursework in science or education are encouraged. All applicants must be able to work both independently and as a part of a team. All Kids Room staff must be willing to wear a mask covering mouth and nose while on the museum floor interacting with guests.
All positions require:
- Experience working with the general public (including children)
- Comfort in front of audiences
- Familiarity with science content
- Ability to provide excellent guest service to museum visitors
- Demonstrate good judgement, personal responsibility, and productive impact
- Ability to pass background check
- Attend training sessions as part of onboarding process
- All hired employees must provide proof of COVID vaccination
How to Apply
Maryland Science Center
601 Light Street
Baltimore MD 21230
Via fax to 410-545-5974, Attn: Human Resources.
EOE/M/F/H/V. No phone calls please.