Enthusiastic educators wanted for part time employment. Must have experience working with groups of children, preferably young children. Must be flexible and be able to work independently.
Educators will make monthly visits to Head Start classrooms in Baltimore City. A different 30-minute program is presented each month with the assistance of the classroom teacher. Educators will be provided with materials and a lesson plan and will be expected to learn each presentation on their own. A regular day will include two to three classroom visits with presentations beginning at 9:00am. Shifts are typically three hours per day.
Programs are delivered to children from 3-5 years of age. Educators must have access to reliable transportation, be willing to wear a mask, and comply with any health and safety requirements as outlined by the Maryland Science Center and its partner Head Starts.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, preferably with an education major, or commensurate experience
- Experience working with children in a group setting
- Experience executing a lesson plan
- Maturity and flexibility
- Ability to pass background check
- Demonstrate good judgement, personal responsibility, and productive impact
- Attend training sessions as part of onboarding process
- All hired employees must provide proof of COVID vaccination
All applicants must meet minimum requirements to be considered.
How to Apply
OR MAIL OR DELIVER TO:
Education – Human Resources
Maryland Science Center
601 Light Street
Baltimore MD 21230
EOE/M/F/H/V. No phone calls please.