Are you creative, willing to learn, and comfortable interacting with the general public? If so, the Maryland Science Center is looking for you.
Support guests as they learn through tinkering. Responsibilities include facilitating DIY activities with an emphasis on creativity and experimentation, as well as maintaining activity materials and the program space. Applicants should have basic tool skills and willingness to enthusiastically embrace a wide spectrum of making, from woodworking to papercraft to sewing. Prior experience in customer service and interaction with school-age children is highly desired.
Availability 9:45-5:00 three days a week (Wednesdays – Sundays), including at least one weekend day, is required.
All positions require:
- At least one year of college coursework or comparable experience
- Working both independently and as a part of a team
- Providing excellent guest service to museum visitors
- Demonstrating good judgement, personal responsibility, and productive impact
- Ability to pass background check
- All hired employees must provide proof of COVID vaccination, including booster
How to Apply
OR MAIL OR DELIVER TO:
Education – Human Resources
Maryland Science Center
601 Light Street
Baltimore MD 21230
EOE/M/F/H/V. No phone calls please.