Engage young guests with ready-made, fun, hands-on activities and support the daily operation of the early childhood exhibit space. This opportunity is suitable for any eligible-aged volunteer seeking any length of volunteering time, from three months to indefinitely
- Support children’s learning through play
- Lead hands-on science, math, art, engineering, and literacy activities
- Provide excellent customer service
- Assist with the daily upkeep of the exhibit space
- Experience working with young children
- Friendly, pleasant demeanor
- At ease with people of all ages
- Ability to stand for periods of time up to one hour
- Ability to work with children at their eye level (i.e., ability to get onto floor and get up again)
Training: Provided by Kids Room staff
Schedule: 4-hour shifts are available Monday-Sunday.
Two 4-hour shifts per month for at least 3 months, but a willingness to volunteer for additional hours is always welcome!