Running an early childhood space takes a great amount of support. Help behind the scenes with a myriad of tasks that enhance our exhibit space and programs. Is cutting out 20 paper butterflies your thing, or do you like to organize, paint, or put things together? All these tasks and more are available for you to choose from during your volunteer time.
This opportunity is suitable for an eligible-aged volunteer that is seeking any length of volunteering time from three months to indefinitely. All skills are welcome.
- Prep materials (for early childhood programs like homeschool, summer camp, outreach, and on-floor activities): Tasks include, but aren’t limited to: counting, cutting, photocopying, laminating, measuring, bagging, and sorting
- Exhibit maintenance: Tasks include, but aren’t limited to: cleaning and dusting exhibit components, maintaining fish and small animal tanks, painting, and making light repairs
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to follow directions and adhere to safety guidelines
- Occasional light lifting
- Willing to get messy!
- Comfortable climbing ladders a plus
Training: Provided by Kids Room staff
Schedule: 4-hour shifts are available Monday-Sunday. Volunteers must be able to commit to one 4-hour shift two times a month for at least 3 months, but a willingness to volunteer for additional hours is always welcome!