Assists in general IT support for offices, ticket desk & exhibits when needed. Troubleshooting computer (desktop/laptop/tablet) hardware/software, printer, networking, & phone problems. Carrying out projects as assigned. May work at times as help desk, answering calls and e-mails regarding computer, phone, printer & network issues or requests.
- Configuring hardware and software
- Setting up peripherals such as printers
- Repairing & installing equipment
- Providing support for end-users
- Assist in various IT tasks and interdepartmental projects
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware/software issues
- Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously, but also able to recognize limitations and communicate need for assistance or further explanation
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
- Willingness to research
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows domain environment & Office Products
- Attention to detail
- Ask questions and get information in order to diagnose computer problems and discern what level of support is needed when a problem is presented
- Work as part of a team in stressful situations; maintain composure (and sense of humor) in the face of heavy workload and constant interruptions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience and/or formal training in (Windows, Mac, MS Office, AD, DNS, Networking, Computer hardware & software basics) is a plus
Monday-Friday, 9 AM-5 PM. Days & number of hours are flexible, based on volunteer’s availability.
Minimum Commitment: One to two 4-hour shifts per week (there is flexibility)