Assists once or twice a week in general IT support for our offices, ticket desk & exhibits when needed. Carrying out tasks such as documenting inventory, running cable, overwriting hard drives, replacing printer toner, aid in projects even as a helpful hand for other departments on occasion. Troubleshooting device hardware, software, & networking. Carrying out projects as assigned. May work at times as helpdesk, answering calls and responding to e-mails regarding computer, phone, printer & network access requests.
- Maintaining & Distributing Inventory
- Setting up teleconference systems for meetings
- Repairing or installing equipment & peripherals
- Research Solutions; troubleshooting malfunctions
- Providing support for end-users
- Assist fellow IT staff & aid in other initiatives and interdepartmental projects
- Ability to think critically & troubleshoot common hardware/software issues. Ask helpful follow-up questions to get information needed to diagnose problems and discern what level of support is needed.
- Ability to follow guidelines and work autonomously, while recognizing limitations and communicating need for assistance, further explanations, or permission.
- Willingness to research & learn new skills when faced with challenges.
- Excellent soft skills in working with Staff & encountering visitors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows & Office Products (Apple products is a plus).
- Attention to detail to decipher root causes of an issue & to ensure accuracy of a completed task or request.
- Enjoy working as part of a team. Taking initiative to find ways to contribute.
- Handles well the occasional stressful circumstance, maintaining composure (and sense of humor) in the face of something not working when it should.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience and/or formal training in (Windows OS, Mac, Microsoft Office, Windows domain environment, General Networking, Assembling/Replacing Computer Hardware) is a plus.
Normal business hours, 1 or 2 days a week. (# of Days & hours are open for discussion.)