Early Childhood Program Assistants embody the “Let’s Science” attitude of the Maryland Science Center and assist in preparing materials for young children. Ready, Set, Go! is a program that travels from the Maryland Science Center to Head Start classrooms around Baltimore City presenting science activities to preschool children.
- Inventory materials, and re-stock as needed
- Prepare bins of materials for instructors to take to classrooms
- Unpack instructor bins, clean, and put materials away
- Prepare take-home activities and materials for young students and their families
- Organized, attentive, and detail oriented
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift at least 10 pounds with some bending and kneeling
Training: Training will be provided by the Ready, Set, Go! Coordinator.
Schedule: An Early Childhood Program Assistant volunteer must commit to at least one 4-hour shift a week, although more time is always available. Shifts can be scheduled during business hours (9 AM-5 PM) Sunday through Saturday, as fits the volunteer’s schedule.