Work on a team to facilitate the running of The Shed, a maker space exhibit geared towards children in second grade and above. Interact with children, their families, and school groups as they learn by doing. Engage groups with fun, hands-on STEAM activities and support the daily operation of this makerspace.
- Support children’s learning through exploring hands-on activities
- Assist in prototyping program components
- Provide excellent customer service
- Assist with cleaning, maintenance, and repair tasks within The Shed
- Experience working with young children in a group setting
- Friendly, pleasant demeanor; at ease with people of all ages
- Experience and/or interest in at least one of the following areas: wood working with hand or power tools, electronics and soldering, hand or machine sewing, making molds and casting various materials. If you have some other handy skill, please let us know!
- Ability to stand for periods of time up to one hour
- Ability to work with children at their eye level (i.e. ability to get onto the floor and up again)
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds
Provided by Shed Staff and DIY Manager.
4-hour shifts are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays.
Two 4-hour shifts per month.