Dinosaur Mysteries Facilitators spend half their shift facilitating an interactive fossil dig area within the Dinosaur Mysteries exhibit. They spend the other half of their shift (alternating hours) facilitating hands-on natural history activities on a cart within or nearby the Dinosaur Mysteries exhibit.
- Attract, excite, and encourage guests to explore natural history
- Re-cover fossils with sand after guests’ discoveries are made
- Monitor for safety within the Dinosaur Mysteries exhibit
- Be a resource for guests’ questions and provide good general guest service
- Enthusiasm for, and some background in, natural history topics
- Friendly and conversant with guests of all ages and able to handle various sized groups
- Able to communicate effectively
- Ability to be on your feet for more than an hour at a time
- Helpful – but not necessary – is the ability to perform occasional light floor sweeping
Training: Training is provided by the Education Department’s Public Programs staff during your first few shifts and periodically thereafter.
Schedule: Dinosaur Mysteries Facilitators must commit to a regular shift on the same day and time of the week. Facilitators can be scheduled one shift per week or one shift every other week for a duration of at least three months.
- 9:30 AM-2:00 PM Tuesday through Sunday, year-round
- 9:30 AM-2:00 PM Monday, spring and summer only
- 12:45 PM-5:00 PM Monday through Sunday, summer only
Two shifts per month.