Become a paleontologist right at home and roar with the dinosaurs!
If you can’t make it to MSC for Dino Day or just want to continue the fun at home, join us for Dino Day Online! We’ll be bringing you some dinosaur adventures through videos and at-home activities. Make some dinosaur tracks, create a dino dig, study fossils and more!
How do I participate in Dino Day Online?
Join us on our Facebook Page, where activities will be posted according to a schedule. You can also get access to all activities right here on our website at the scheduled times (Facebook Live Videos will be posted once completed).
12pm – Footprint Stomp
Explore one of the ways paleontologists study dinosaurs by making tracks!
1pm – Fossil Mystery
Get introduced to a mystery fossil and some clues. It’ll be your job, as a new amateur paleontologist, to figure out what it could have been!
2pm – Fossil Mystery Reveal
After studying the fossil, find out what kind of prehistoric creature it’s from!
3pm – Dino Dig Pit
Build a DIY fossil hunt to learn about the different tools paleontologists use.
4pm – Dino Measuring
How big were dinosaurs really? Measure out their size to compare to every day things.
- Playdough or clay
- A few small dinosaur toys with two or four legs (or both!)
- Baking tray
- Aluminum foil or parchment paper
- A sandbox or large container (an under-the-bed storage container works great)
- Several plastic dinosaur toys
- Paleontology tools like: spoon, large paintbrush (1” or wider), small craft paintbrush, toothbrush, toothpick
- String or yarn
- Measuring tape or yard stick