Non-Academic Track Nomination Instructions
The individual placing a nomination of a young scientist or engineer must:
- Obtain permission from the nominee to submit materials on his/her behalf and assurances that the nominee is eligible to receive the award and, if selected, the nominee will accept the award and attend the Annual Awards Ceremony and Reception on November 19, 2014 at the Maryland Science Center in Baltimore, MD;
- Complete and submit the online Nomination Form and all of the following:
- A detailed and signed letter of nomination on letterhead (see details below);
- Documentation suitable to demonstrate the depth, breadth, and impact of the work for which the nominator suggests recognition is appropriate, including reports, publications, project profiles, patents or etc.
- Nominee’s current curriculum vitae or resume; and,
- Two (2) additional letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the nominee’s work (see details below).
Letter of Nomination
The Letter of Nomination must be signed and submitted on letterhead and include a description of the work for which the nominee’s name is being submitted; identification of any awards or recognition received for that work; an explanation of the nature and quality of the nominee’s work and its impact upon scientific research, the nominee’s field, and/or the broader world; and the nominator’s relationship to the nominee.
Letter of Recommendation
Letters of Recommendation must be signed and submitted on letterhead and tendered by individuals familiar with and able to evaluate the nominee’s work. One of the letters must be written by someone outside the nominee’s organization. (Note: a different department or division does not constitute a different organization.)
All letters and other supporting material must be submitted via email to:
Nominations are due Wednesday September 17, 2014.
Late or incomplete nominations will NOT be accepted.
Winners will be notified the week of October 20, 2014.
Awards will be presented at the Annual Awards Ceremony and Reception to be held at the Maryland Science Center on Wednesday November 19, 2014.
Recipients are required to attend.
Materials submitted become the property of
the Maryland Science Center and will not be returned.