Unearth the ancient world of the dinosaurs, challenge the principles of physics, get sun smart and learn new tips and techniques for teaching science in your classroom. The Maryland Science Center is filled with innovative new educational opportunities for educators and students. Explore activities and new insights into creative exhibit floor exploration for students. Workshops include stipends!
Each workshop will include:
- Demonstrations of activities for the classroom
- Illustrated talk from a scientist in the topic area
- Presentation of a Maryland Science Center program – in either the IMAX 3D Theater, Davis Planetarium or Science On a Sphere
- Morning snacks and lunch
- $100 stipend for each participating teacher
Registration will open one month before each workshop date.
Arriving at Pluto with New Horizons – Registration Now Open
Saturday, April 25, 2015
- Get ready for the first close-up view of Pluto as the New Horizons spacecraft flies by Pluto this summer
- Learn about Pluto and the icy Kuiper Belt beyond
- Hear from NASA New Horizons mission personnel
- Includes a Science On a Sphere program about the Solar System
This workshop is made possible by The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, manager of the New Horizons mission for NASA.
We are awaiting final word on funding for this workshop, which should come soon. With that expectation, the workshop is now open for registration for K-12 school and home school educators.
To register, please send the following information to email@example.com:
School name and address
City or county school system