Unearth the ancient world of the dinosaurs, challenge the principles of physics, get sun smart and learn new tips and techniques for teaching science in your classroom. The Maryland Science Center is filled with innovative new educational opportunities for educators and students. Explore activities and new insights into creative exhibit floor exploration for students. Workshops include stipends!
Live From The Sun
Saturday, March 18, 2017
- Discover the latest news about our nearest star
- See up-to-the-minute images of the Sun with sunspots, solar flares, and prominences
- Find out how the Sun’s huge explosions can endanger the technologies we all rely upon
- Find out how to operate a Sunspotter, a portable solar telescope, and how you can borrow one for your classroom
- Take part in demonstrations of activities for the classroom
- The workshop is open to teachers from all grade levels and will provide lunch, a $100 stipend for each participating teacher and take home materials.
Workshop registration will be available one month before the workshop. Please check back for details.