Unearth the ancient world of the dinosaurs, challenge the principles of physics, get sun smart and learn new tips and techniques for teaching science in your classroom. The Maryland Science Center is filled with innovative new educational opportunities for educators and students. Explore activities and new insights into creative exhibit floor exploration for students. Workshops include stipends!
Live From the Sun
Saturday, March 12, 2016
- Discover the latest news about our nearest star
- Hear from a member of the NASA team that operates an orbiting solar observatory
- See up-to-the-minute images of the Sun with sunspots, solar flares and prominences
- Find out how the Sun’s huge explosions can endanger the technologies we all rely upon
This workshop will include:
- Demonstrations of activities for the classroom
- Illustrated talk from a scientist in the topic area
- Presentation of a Maryland Science Center program – in either the IMAX 3D Theater, Davis Planetarium or Science On a Sphere
- Morning snacks and lunch
- $100 stipend for each participating teacher
Registration will open one month before workshop date. Check back here for information.