Come to the Maryland Science Center or let the Maryland Science Center come to you. The Science Center welcomes educators and their classes to its Inner Harbor location throughout the school year with a variety of options for in-depth exploration and enrichment experiences. Plus, the Maryland Science Center’s Traveling Science Program criss-crosses the Mid-Atlantic region every day delivering programs at schools, libraries, camps, and other gatherings.
- Teachers visiting without their school group can visit the Maryland Science Center basic exhibit halls free of charge when they show identification or proof of teacher status. Traveling exhibitions and IMAX are an additional fee.
- Professional development opportunities for teachers are offered throughout the year.
- Suggested resources for educators are provided on a variety of subjects.
We also offer professional development opportunities for teachers and suggested resources for educators on a variety of subjects. Educator Workshops programs offer educators a chance to discuss the latest in the field of science and take lessons back to the classroom. Click here for a schedule of upcoming workshops.
The Maryland Science Center develops resource guides and activities to enrich the experiences of a visit to our core exhibits. Click here to view our current resource materials.
The Maryland Science Center wishes to acknowledge the following companies for helping to underwrite free admission for Baltimore City school children:
- State of Maryland – Maryland State Department of Education State-Aided Educational Institution Grant
- Baltimore County Commission on Arts & Sciences
- Howard County Government – Howard County Arts Council
- T. Rowe Price Foundation, Inc.
- Grief Family Fund
- AEGON Transamerica Foundation
- Family League of Baltimore City
- Maryland Space Grant Consortium
- Lockeed Martin
- HMS Insurance Group, Inc.
- Joseph and Harvey Meyerhoff Family Charitable Funds