Traveling Science Media Assistant
Enthusiastic amateur photographer needed to assist Maryland Science Center’s Traveling Science Program. A volunteer is needed to document exciting, hands-on live science demonstrations in local schools via photography and videography. Captured images will be used for promotional, social media and marketing needs.
- Travel to schools in Baltimore City, Baltimore, Harford, Howard, Anne Arundel, Carroll, Montgomery, and Frederick Counties
- Record Traveling Science programming including: assembly shows, classroom programs, and StarLab (travelling planetarium) demonstrations
- Record “behind-the-scenes” of the Traveling Science Program including; arrival at schools, interactions with school staff, travel, and program preparations
- Familiarity with basic photography and videography
- Ability to provide excellent guest service; at ease with people
- Creative problem solving skills
- Must be able to work independently, as well as be part of a team
- Personal photography equipment a plus, but not required
- Ability to carry related equipment
This is an on-call, as-needed position. Opportunities to volunteer are generally presented one month ahead of time. Most events occur during the day, between 8:00a AM and 3:00 PM on weekdays. Transportation to and from schools will be provided from the Maryland Science Center, with option for volunteer to use personal vehicle.
Please contact the Maryland Science Center’s Volunteer Coordinator to see if this position currently needs a volunteer.