Kids Room Costume and Fabric Arts Creator
The Kids Room is looking for someone with sewing skills (hand and machine) to help create and maintain costumes, smocks, and fabric exhibit pieces.
- Create new costumes, smocks, and fabric exhibit pieces for early childhood exhibit
- Maintain existing costumes, smocks, and fabric exhibit pieces
- Provide materials lists and plans for each new project
- Skilled at hand sewing
- Skilled at machine sewing
- Ability to work independently
- Fine motor skills
Provided by Kids Room staff under the Early Learning Supervisor
Available Tuesday-Sundays (Add Mondays, from March-August), for 2+ hours per shift. Position would start with all volunteer hours being accomplished at the Maryland Science Center, but volunteering from home is possible.