LivingSocial Membership Voucher Information
If you purchased a LivingSocial Membership Voucher, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- LivingSocial voucher must be redeemed for a year long membership in person only (no exceptions) at the Maryland Science Center ticket desk.
- Your spouse may activate your Living Social Membership Voucher. Along with your voucher, be prepared to provide your first and last name, your spouse’s first and last name, mailing address, preferred email and preferred phone number on our ticket desk membership application. The only other name on a member card is a spouse. No exceptions. A baby sitter, caregiver, nanny, childcare provider or au pair may visit the Maryland Science Center with your member card and a note signed by you allowing member benefit transference. We do not list children or caregivers on a member record.
- Membership begins the minute you redeem it and goes through the end of your anniversary month, one year later, if redeemed before July 27, 2014. Example, you redeem your voucher on 07/27/14 (the last day to do so for 12 months of membership without payment) – your membership will expire 07/31/15.
- You have until July 27, 2014 to redeem this voucher at our ticket desk for 12 months of Maryland Science Center membership, no exceptions.
- The LivingSocial offer is for an Adventurer Level four (4) person Membership. You can upgrade to any higher level at our ticket desk in $25 increments. The next level up from Adventurer is Discoverer for 6. Children under three do not count toward your membership total and are free.
- LivingSocial Maryland Science Center Membership Vouchers can be gifted through LivingSocial. If done at the ticket desk more information is needed – the recipient’s full name and address is required along with the LivingSocial Voucher and purchaser’s information. If not given, this gift will not be redeemed properly.
- When you visit the Maryland Science Center to redeem your LivingSocial Voucher you will fill out a regular membership application at our ticket desk. The application asks for your name and a spouse or a domestic partner. These are the ONLY TWO NAMES on a member card. You will receive two identical member cards in the mail. At our ticket desk you will receive a packet with two paper member cards attached. Your benefits kick in the minute your redeem your LivingSocial Voucher at our ticket desk – free admission to our three levels of permanent exhibits (including the Planetarium and KIDS Room) and discounted admission to the IMAX Theater (instead of $8 it is $4 for members).
- Membership at this level is for you plus any three other people – adult or child. Children under three are free and don’t count. If you have a caregiver/nanny/babysitter, you can give your card to this person with a note signed by you allowing membership benefit transference.
- Membership at the Adventurer Level tops off at four admits – anyone over the allowed four will cost a full priced ticket.
- Member benefits for this offer include Passport Program reciprocal admission through the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC). Click here to find a participating museum. Remember to phone the museum ahead to confirm their reciprocal admission policies.
- If you are a current Maryland Science Center member, you can purchase this LivingSocial offer and tack on 12 months of membership to your current membership, no matter where you are in your cycle – but you’ll still need redeem/visit by no later than July 27, 2014. We will not retroactively refund any membership purchase made prior to the date this LivingSocial Offer began. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions about your membership, please phone: 410-545-5981 or email email@example.com.