Volunteer Positions Behind the Scenes at MSC
Davis Planetarium Monitor
Assist audience members during live Davis Planetarium programs.
- Opening theater doors at show times and assisting with seating
- Directing stroller parking and retrieval
- Once program has started, monitoring audience for visitors leaving their seats and interested in leaving the theater
- Asking those leaving if they plan to return for this specific program
- Assisting audience members returning during a program already in progress
- Opening doors at the conclusion of shows and assisting visitors as needed
- Answering visitor questions about Planetarium shows and other MSC programs
- Assisting with handing out/explaining Star Maps
- Help with cleanup between shows
Friendly and outgoing; must enjoy working with the public, especially school age children; excellent communication skills; must be able to stand for long periods of time.
How do I apply?
Prospective volunteers should print the Volunteer Application and return it to the Volunteer Department by mail or fax: Volunteer Department; 601 Light St; Baltimore, MD 21230; 410-545-5974.
Once your application is received you will be contacted for an informal interview and tour of the Science Center to determine a suitable volunteer position. For any questions, or to request more information about a specific volunteer opportunity please call the Volunteer Department at 410-545-5982 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.