Soft Circuit Competition
Advance registration is required for participation.
Get hands on with the Maryland Science Center for our Soft Circuit Competition! Soft circuits blend the use of conductive materials and electrical components with craft materials and fabrics to make exciting art pieces, clothing, and toys. We will provide tips, hints, and a kit of LEDs, batteries, battery holders, and conductive thread—you take care of the rest.
- Participants must use the electrical components provided in the kits.
- Participants may use any type of fabric or additional non-conductive thread to complete their projects.
- To qualify for awards, all entries must be present at the Maryland Science Center by noon on competition day.
- The Whimsical Wearable Award: Awarded to the most inventive piece of adorned apparel.
- The Top-notch Toy Award: Awarded to the most imaginative stuffed toy.
- The Hacker Hero Award: Awarded for the best use of repurposed materials.
- The Sew Splendiferous Award: Awarded to the most overall innovative project.