Part-time School Programs Instructor
Flexible and enthusiastic educator desired for position as a school programs instructor. Responsibilities include presenting school programs for visiting school groups between 9:30 and 2:00pm, up to four days per week and maintaining materials and supplies. Training will be provided. Presentations are 45 minutes and cover a variety of science topics. School groups range from PreK-grade 12, but are primarily elementary and early middle school. Applicant should be flexible, enthusiastic, and be able to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, preferably with an education major or significant progress toward degree with teaching experience
- Experience teaching groups of children
- Experience executing a lesson plan
- Interest and comfort in communicating STEM topics
- Ability to utilize technology
- Ability to pass criminal background check
All applicants must meet minimum requirements to be considered.
How to Apply
You can download a Adobe Acrobat PDF file of our Application for Employment Form, and submit it online or print it at home to fill out.
Mail or deliver application or resume with cover letter, specifying hourly salary requirement and days of availability, to:
Human Resources Department
Maryland Science Center
601 Light Street
Baltimore MD 21230
Or fax it to 410-545-5974, Attn: Human Resources
EOE/M/F/H/V. No phone calls please.