Camp-In Assistant - Part Time
Enthusiastic, organized individual needed to assist the Camp-In Programs Supervisor with the upkeep of the Camp-In overnight program, including (but not limited to) organizing, re-stocking, cleaning, and ordering supplies and equipment after each weekend of programming. This person also manages the Camp-In Volunteer Program –training and maintaining a team of high school students who volunteer to help in the workshops. Successful candidate will assist with the training of Camp-In Counselor/Instructors in scientific content, activities and the presentation of workshops. On rare occasions, will act as Event Supervisor for Camp-In. As time allows, opportunities could exist to help in areas outside Camp-In.
- High school diploma or GED, interest and/or coursework in science or education are encouraged
- Good organizational skills
- Interest in informal science learning.
- A good sense of humor and the ability to be flexible a plus.
- Knowledge of Windows operating system, MS Word, Excel, and the Internet
- Ability to work without direct supervision
Friday or Saturday evening training will be required to understand the nature of the program. Position will require approximately 2-3 days a week, however generally flexible on which days of the week.
How to Apply
You can download a Adobe Acrobat PDF file of our Application for Employment Form, and print it at home to fill out. Or stop by our Key Highway entrance for an application.
If interested, please submit letter and resume with salary requirements to:
Maryland Science Center
601 Light Street
Baltimore MD 21230
Or fax it to 410-545-5974, Attn: Human Resources.
EOE/M/F/H/V. No phone calls please.